Specific findings from the Demand Gen Report survey that illustrate the challenging expectations revenue-focused marketers will face in 2018 include:
• 63% of respondents indicated their companies were projecting revenue growth of more than 20%;
• 25% of companies are projecting revenue growth of more than 30%;
• The number of respondents who said their marketing organizations have specific revenue-based quotas increased by 5% year over year, from 23% in 2017 to 28% this year; and
• Respondents who indicated pipeline influenced as the primary metric they are measured against increased from 27% in 2017 to 30% in 2018.
To respond to these more aggressive goals, as well as keep pace with changing buyer behavior, the study found marketers will be relying more heavily on cross-channel strategies for acquisition, engagement and conversion.
In the following report, we’ll breakdown the findings of this year’s survey with specific analysis of: • Marketing’s role in revenue generation;
• Cross-channel planning for driving demand; and
• New tools being added to the martech toolbox.